Rainbow Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Rainbow Dragon Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
The Real Lever10
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_vote_lcapBattle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_voting_barBattle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_vote_rcap 
Ab9999
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_vote_lcapBattle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_voting_barBattle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_vote_rcap 
Asuya Youkai
Kagatsuchi
SiegWar
Tvbeast
Mr.Alexio
Muh1
Aichi Sendou
(Aurora) Swampert
Latest topics
» I Have Returned!!
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby SoulSilver Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

» Yo its Swampert
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby The Real Lever10 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

» My final goodbye
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby (Aurora) DarkFlair1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

» Hello.....
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

» Ramsiel's GFX Shop
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 am

» so what's the next CoTW gonna be XDXDXDXD lool
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» got bored ;-;
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» Its been a while...
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby Oliver1212 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:34 pm

» day 187 ;-;
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby GAJEEL Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm

» I'm Back!!!
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am

» merging request
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby bayar16 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

» i guess im leaving to :(
Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeby Bayar14 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Affiliations
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SiegWar
SiegWar

Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant   Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Which set do you thing is healthier, Lord of Tachyon Galaxy or Legacy of the Valiant?
You can even phrase this question a multitude of ways:
Which set affects/will affect the game for?
Which set frustrates you more?
Which set do you adore?
Blah, blah, blah.
Let's have a calm, friendly discussion about this. No flaming over disliking somebody else's opinion, okay?

Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy, in my opinion has defined the game forever. This set has the best support the game has and will ever see. Let's look at the cards from the sets that are one of these things: overpowered/borderline broken, pushed an archetype so far from out of nothing, it's simply amazing, skyrocketed an already notable deck to soaring heights.

Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles
Spellbook of Judgment
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
Harpie Channeler
Hysteric Sign
Geargiagear
Evilswarm Kerykeion
King of the Feral Imps
Madolche Hootcake
Constellar Sombre
Mermail Abyssocea

Holy crap, that's a lot of cards. It's safe to say that The Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy is the set of sets, it's provided the most unheard of cards like Konami threw all sense of balance out the window. As absurd as this set might have been Legacy of the Valiant boasts a couple cards that counteracts what's left of the disgusting stuff above or does the same for some archetypes in particular, let's take a look at them.

Skill Prisoner
Noblswarm Beelzebuth
Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight
Nigitama
Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force
Riding Together
Necrovalley Tomb
Bujingi Peacock
Promise of an Adversary
Magicalized Duston Roller
Leoh, Guardbeast of the Great Tree

Now... I see what Konami was thinking - “Hey man, you know how we screwed up the game 3 sets ago? Yeah, what about it? We should come with some more blasphemy to maybe, you know, fix it? Totally dude!” I would like to point out the obvious cards that will be almost as equally game-defining as some of the cards listed in The Lord of Tachyon Galaxy:

Skill Prisoner - Hopefully, we all know what this does. A lot of cards fail to the oh so popular Effect Veiler; well, you can activate this and with just the meager cost of nothing, you can feel free to go off as you please. I summon Judgment Dragon and you have the Effect Veiler to stop me from winning? I have Skill Prison in the graveyard, so sorry, I still win. But this is nowhere as much fun this card brings to the table, you're allowed to use this on cards; that's right, you can protect your precious backrow from Yaksha, Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos, Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World, whatever! You just tell them to **** off my simply banishing this card from your graveyard. You know that Number 66: Master Key Beetle and Safe Zone combo you guys like so much? You can protect it even more, cards like Caius the Shadow Monarch can be negated once they target your Safe Zone or Vanity's Emptiness. Best part about the part, it lingers for the entire turn. So, Dragon Rulers, sorry, but I got a 3300+ monster and a Skill Prisoner in my graveyard, IT'S NEAR INVINCIBLE

Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight - [RANT INCOMING] Why is this a card? No, let me rephrase that, why this is a Rank 4? I would be cool if this was like... some Rank 8 that requires 2 Level 8 Pyro-Type Monsters (LOL). All jokes aside, this card will definitely be a pain since you can pull it out of your ass for next to nothing in a lot of decks. Look at Gadgets, look at Geargia, look at Dragon Rulers (Debris Dragon special summons Mythic Wood Dragon), Hunders and Mermails. This card can be made for nothing, and people will run 3 because I guarantee that you can win a game off 3 of each alone. Although easily answered, can be devastating if left unanswered.

Noblswarm Beelzebuth - Don't have effect negation (Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare, searchable out, anyone?)? Haha, I'm a Quick-Effect so your Bottomless Trap Hole does nothing! See ya field except me. It punishes overextending and having a large hand, that is all. Will this card have a strong presence in the game? Absolutely.

Will post further opinions sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant   Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 pm

If by "healthy" you mean "less revolting," then LotV is healthier. The Tachyon set just overall was way too careless. This set makes a tad more sense. I think of number 101 as a more generic version of starliege paladynamo. Should there be one? no. Howevever, this set had logic to it as to how the meta will have issue with several of the cards from it, even if they unbanned sixth sense.
Back to top Go down
https://rainbowdragonacademy.forumotion.com
SiegWar
SiegWar

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant   Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:25 am

From way I see it since I'm a geargia fan, Shark Knight is a new way to handle the OP xyz such as Dracossack, Big Eye, etc. So yeah I kinda like LotV better than LotTG since a lot of the cards are like on steroids or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant   Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Sets: Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy vs. Legacy of the Valiant
Page 1 of 1