Rainbow Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Rainbow Dragon Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
The Real Lever10
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_vote_lcap Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_voting_bar Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap 
Ab9999
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_vote_lcap Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_voting_bar Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap 
Asuya Youkai
Kagatsuchi
SiegWar
Tvbeast
Mr.Alexio
Muh1
Aichi Sendou
(Aurora) Swampert
Latest topics
» I Have Returned!!
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby SoulSilver Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

» Yo its Swampert
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby The Real Lever10 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

» My final goodbye
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby (Aurora) DarkFlair1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

» Hello.....
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

» Ramsiel's GFX Shop
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 am

» so what's the next CoTW gonna be XDXDXDXD lool
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» got bored ;-;
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» Its been a while...
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby Oliver1212 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:34 pm

» day 187 ;-;
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby GAJEEL Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm

» I'm Back!!!
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am

» merging request
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby bayar16 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

» i guess im leaving to :(
 Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeby Bayar14 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Affiliations
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SiegWar
SiegWar

Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1    Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:53 am

Yu-Gi-Oh! FES

Chapter 1: Duel University

April 1, Evening
5 Days to Next Full Moon

“Man, I don’t know if I’m ready for this,” a boyish 20-something year-old young man sighed as he swept his fingers through his short blond hair. “But I guess it’s too late now.”

He reached into his inside coat pocket and pulled out a stack of Duel Monster cards and began flipping through them. “Uncle, I appreciate you getting me into this University and all, but I’m not a duelist. Not like you.” he thought aloud. He pulled out a folded piece of paper and skimmed over it:

Dear Yuu,

I know life has been a struggle for you without your parents and moving from place to place. I miss them too. They were both excellent people who gave their lives to keep you safe in that car crash.

Yuu’s eyes skimmed further down the letter.

I have enrolled you at Duel University starting this upcoming semester. I assume you still have the cards I gave you when you were younger. They’re not enough for a true deck, but let them be a backbone that will help you find your true Dueling identity. I pray with their help you will find your way in life though Dueling, like I did.

Love,

Uncle Akito

Yuu put the letter away and began staring out the window of the bus he was riding. The bustling roads of New Domino City started to look the same. Yuu had been traveling for almost eight hours now. He began to doze off.

As Yuu slipped out of consciousness, he found himself sitting in a small, red room. He made out the shape of a pale, winged woman dressed in black sitting on a couch across from him. Her green eyes were set against a fiery red sclera and seemed to pierce through Yuu's soul. He couldn’t move. The figure bared a fanged smile.

"Thou art I!" a voice echoed through Yuu's head.

Yuu suddenly woke up in a sweat. His head was throbbing and he felt slightly nauseous. "What was that, a dream? "Yuu looked around to see if anyone was there but the bus was empty except for the driver and an older African American man sitting towards the front.

The man got up from his seat and walked back to Yuu. “Hey you ok?” he said in a deep voice.

“Yeah, just a bad dream.” Yuu replied as he whipped his forehead.

“Well, take a look over there. It might make you feel better.” The man pointed out the window.

Yuu looked out the window of the bus. They were crossing East Bridge, the one-way entrance to the school. The majestic man-made island of Duel University came into full view. The tall, brick, scholarly buildings. The town-like landscape of the campus. The Duel Runner course that snaked around the island. The white sand beaches. Despite his earlier reservations, Yuu suddenly felt a flutter of excitement.

Outside of the other side of the bus, Yuu saw West Bridge, which was used to exit the island for the main city, in the foreground. Beyond that, New Domino City began to fade further away. The yellow and orange glow of the setting sun began to color the horizon.

Yuu couldn't stop staring at the buildings as the bus crossed the span of East Bridge and entered into the Duel University campus. Finally, the bus came to a stop outside of a five-story building with a sign that read “Dormitory”. Realizing he had reached his destination, Yuu hurriedly gathered his belongings from the overhead storage rack and got off the bus. The doors swung closed behind him and the bus pulled away.

The African American man had also gotten off the bus ahead of him.

“Name’s Morgan.” He reached his giant hand out and Yuu shook it, trying to match his firm grip.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Morgan. I’m Yuu. As of today I’m starting at Duel Academy as a student.”

“Then I guess both of us are starting a new journey. I’ll be starting a job as a custodian here. Best of luck to you kid, I’m sure I’ll be seeing you around.” Mr. Morgan let go and walked off with his duffel bag.

Yuu's head was still pounding from earlier, and he felt a sudden dizzy spell. As much as Yuu wanted to unpack and explore the campus, he could barely see straight. Yuu walked through the double-door entrance of the dormitory and into a lounge area. A brown-haired student came up to him and offered to help carry his bags, but Yuu politely declined and swiftly went upstairs to the first floor.

At the end of the hallway, Yuu made out the number "22" on one of the doors; this was his room. Using his key to unlock the door, Yuu flung his bags down on the floor and promptly flopped onto his bed. His eyes were heavy and his head woozy; not at all how he wanted to spend his first night at the academy. Half conscious, Yuu stared out his window at the large, bright moon floating above the ocean. It was almost full.

April 2, Morning
4 Days to Next Full Moon

"So, do you know anything about the new transfer?"

"I heard he's related to a former dueling pro. That's all I've heard though."

"Wonder what he's like?"

"I hope he's cute!"

An air of excitement filled the morning classroom. Two adult teachers walked into the room and stood at the front. One was an older, balding, portly man wearing a brown suit. The other was a younger, thin, bespectacled man sporting a blue pin-striped suit and slick black hair.

"Alright everyone calm down," the brown suited man said in a commanding voice. "As I'm sure you all know by now, we have a new transfer student. Yuudai will you please come in and introduce yourself."

Yuu walked inside and stood at the front of the class. "Nice to meet you. My name is Yuudai Mori, but please call me Yuu."

"Well thank you Yuu,” the brown suited elderly man responded in a slight German accent and shook Yuu's hand, “I'm Professor Hartmann, the Duel History professor, and on behalf of all 500 students enrolled at Duel University, I would like to welcome you to the second-year class. Please go have a seat behind Mr. Harada over there.”

Yuu walked down the aisle and recognized the student Hartmann was pointing at. He was the same guy that tried to help Yuu with his bags the night before. Yuu noticed his shaggy light brown hair, unshaven face, and bright yellow T-shirt.

“Hey newbie, you feeling better?” He turned around to talk to Yuu.

“Yeah. Sorry about last night, guess I was just tired from traveling,” Yuu replied back.

“Eh, happens. Yuu, was it, right? I’m Eita. I live in the dorm too. Heh, I know what it’s like being the new—”

“Hey! Keep it down! Kromwell’s watching,” a girl with long, red hair sitting next to Eita whispered loudly.

Yuu glanced towards the front of the classroom. The thin professor that walked in with Professor Hartmann was glaring at them with his arms folded and his nose turned up. Eita gulped and turned back around, slouching in his chair.

“Well class, I’m tired, so that will be all for today.” Professor Hartmann began to pack up his suitcase. Yuu packed up his things and stood up, noticing a number of empty seats in the classroom. The two professors left the room.

The red-haired girl that sat next to Eita began yelling at him and punching him on the arm. She was well tanned and wore a dark blue sundress, which was a stark contrast to her long, bright red hair. Though she stood about a head shorter than Eita and Yuu, she packed a really mean right hook.

“You idiot, now Kromwell’s going to give it to us in Practicum tomorrow!” The fiery redhead kept hitting Eita. Yuu almost wanted to help him, but was kind of scared to get pummeled himself.

“Oh! Hey, sorry Yuu. Don’t mind Eita here.” The girl finally turned her attention away from Eita. “I’m Rio Hotori! I live in the dorms too!”

“Hey Rio, nice to meet you. Nice arm you got there,” Yuu replied nervously.

“Oh, thanks. I’ve had practice. Eita can be such an idiot.” Rio laughed. “Hey Eita, have you seen Miu today?”

“Did you forget already, shorty? She went to the park like she always—” WOMP! Rio decked Eita to the ground, this time with a left hook.

“I said to stop calling me short!” Rio yelled angrily. “Oh, he’s out. Guess I overdid it a bit.” She cheerfully laughed. Yuu laughed along with her and tried to wake Eita up.

“Anyway, I got to go find a friend. See you guys back at the dorm.” Rio left in a rather cheerful mood.

Eita finally woke up. “Ow! That’s gonna leave a mark,” Yuu joked as he helped Eita off the floor. “She always like that?”

“You should see her when she duels.” Eita rubbed his cheek. “Word of advice, though: don’t call her short!”

“Noted!” Yuu laughed. His stomach growled loudly. He had not eaten anything since he arrived.

“I know a good burger place. Want to get some lunch?” Eita asked.

“Sure.” Yuu gathered his stuff and the two left.
Back to top Go down
Archon The Forbidden
Archon The Forbidden

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1    Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:06 am

im digtin it. i enjoy your writing stlye and you attention to detail,but the chapters could be a bit longer. nice work so far though. ^_^
Back to top Go down
SiegWar
SiegWar

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1    Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 am

Thanks, my father is a local novelist so I inherent some of his writing style. If some people not know this YGO series is based on a game called Persona 3 FES.

Persona series are my favorite JRPG games and since YGO is my favorite card game, I decided to combine both of them to make a non-canon series.

For more information of Persona 3, just search Persona 3 and you'll find Shin Megami Tensei Wiki with the description of Persona 3.

Every new chapter will be added on Monday of each week, but.... I'm finishing the second chapter so look forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Archon The Forbidden
Archon The Forbidden

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1    Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:27 am

you are most welcome,my knight. i look forward to more.
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1    Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:27 am

I look forward to the next chapter. You have the sense of detail, yet you don't abuse it and go overboard like so many authors tend to do in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://rainbowdragonacademy.forumotion.com
Ab9999
Ab9999

Recruits : 1

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1    Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:05 pm

You are inactive so I doubt u care, but good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1    Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! FES: Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1