Rainbow Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Rainbow Dragon Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
The Real Lever10
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_vote_lcapPossible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_voting_barPossible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_vote_rcap 
Ab9999
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_vote_lcapPossible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_voting_barPossible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_vote_rcap 
Asuya Youkai
Kagatsuchi
SiegWar
Tvbeast
Mr.Alexio
Muh1
Aichi Sendou
(Aurora) Swampert
Latest topics
» I Have Returned!!
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby SoulSilver Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

» Yo its Swampert
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby The Real Lever10 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

» My final goodbye
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby (Aurora) DarkFlair1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

» Hello.....
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

» Ramsiel's GFX Shop
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 am

» so what's the next CoTW gonna be XDXDXDXD lool
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» got bored ;-;
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» Its been a while...
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Oliver1212 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:34 pm

» day 187 ;-;
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby GAJEEL Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm

» I'm Back!!!
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am

» merging request
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby bayar16 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

» i guess im leaving to :(
Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Bayar14 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Affiliations
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion   Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Every popular yugituber and their mothers are talking about the Debris Dragon Errata. Keep in mind this has not yet been confirmed, but it is still strongly likely.

Debris Dragon Current Text:

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 monster with 500 or less ATK in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position. Its effects are negated. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. The other Synchro Material Monster(s) cannot be Level 4.

New Debris Dragon Text:

This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. The other Synchro Material Monsters must be Level 4 or lower.
(1): When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target 1 monster with 500 or less ATK in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position. Its effects are negated.

The (1) is just a possible new way Konami will order the effects to make it more understandable.

Well, what does this mean? This dragon rulers can no longer abuse Debris Dragon for an easy Star Eater plus a flamvell for defense or a level 8 synchro. It also means now we can use Debris Dragon for a level 8 synchro finally. This seems great, but there is one problem. There are very few level 4 non-tuner, and non-xyz monsters 500 or below in attack. Let me just list the viable ones that have seen use in the past 2 years of decks that have topped.

Batteryman AAA
Battlin' Boxer Veil
Electromagetic Turtle (OCG)
Galaxy Wizard
GeargiAuger (OCG) (I do not know if geargia in the OCG have topped much or used this card at all)
Gladiator Beast Secutor
Mythic Tree Dragon
Rescue Rabbit

I am going to go over these 1 by 1.

Batteryman AAA:

Only used in hunders, and synchro in hunders is preferable and easy with vylon prism due to the easy search for it. This probably won't see play in Hunders.

Battlin' Boxer Veil:

Sorry to all the battlin' boxer lovers, but battlin' boxers just are not relevant. They pretty much only topped in a regional that was probably like 60 people (8 different decks topped there, half of them being the first to top in the format).

ElectroMagnetic Turtle:

This can be a decent target since it goes straight back to the grave, but you only run 1 copy of it because it is once per duel and it is often banished within a turn or two of it hitting the grave anyway.

Galaxy Wizard:

This MIGHT be seen as a tech into galaxies, but they aren't really doing much in the TCG and haven't in a while in the OCG.

Geargiauger:

Gears are a lot about turn 2 or turn 3 pushes.  Due to the amount of turns you have to wait for debris dragon and how this doesn't help to protect until your opponent has a chance to establish a field, I really don't see this working out for gears.

Gladiator Beast Secutor:

I have to say its the same thing as Battlin Boxers. On top of it Glads don't like to be in the grave so debris dragon won't revive secutor very often at all anyway.

Mythic Tree Dragon:

Most topping Dragon Ruler decks run 1 mythic tree due to the lack of synergy it has with the deck. Dragon Rulers may keep debris dragon in or replace it for a more favorable wind dragon.

Rescue Rabbit:

I hope I don't have to explain this one.

In conclusion, this won't change the game for anything other than one Dragon Ruler play. It was not even a major card in Dragon Rulers anyway.I know it can revive something else and then synchro with a different level 4 already on the field, but that is pretty conditional. The most relevant play this card still has is a 1 card black rose.

Let me know what you guys think. I love hearing your opinions.
Back to top Go down
https://rainbowdragonacademy.forumotion.com
Ab9999
Ab9999

Recruits : 1

PostSubject: Re: Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion   Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Well not much to say. I for one like 1 card black rose plays tho :L Hopefully they rewrite other cards to tho Some cards just confuse the shit out of ppl......
Back to top Go down
SiegWar
SiegWar

PostSubject: Re: Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion   Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Well... that escalated quickly. Even though it prevents the Dragon Ruler's play, I don't think it make any differences anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion   Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Debris Dragon Errata Discussion
Page 1 of 1