Rainbow Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Rainbow Dragon Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
The Real Lever10
General Homework 2 I_vote_lcapGeneral Homework 2 I_voting_barGeneral Homework 2 I_vote_rcap 
Ab9999
General Homework 2 I_vote_lcapGeneral Homework 2 I_voting_barGeneral Homework 2 I_vote_rcap 
Asuya Youkai
Kagatsuchi
SiegWar
Tvbeast
Mr.Alexio
Muh1
Aichi Sendou
(Aurora) Swampert
Latest topics
» I Have Returned!!
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby SoulSilver Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

» Yo its Swampert
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby The Real Lever10 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

» My final goodbye
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby (Aurora) DarkFlair1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

» Hello.....
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

» Ramsiel's GFX Shop
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 am

» so what's the next CoTW gonna be XDXDXDXD lool
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» got bored ;-;
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» Its been a while...
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby Oliver1212 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:34 pm

» day 187 ;-;
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby GAJEEL Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm

» I'm Back!!!
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am

» merging request
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby bayar16 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

» i guess im leaving to :(
General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeby Bayar14 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Affiliations
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

General Homework 2

Go down 
+3
ZeroKiraCC
xXDarkYamiXx
The Real Lever10
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:51 am

For today's homework I simply want you to post in this topic what deck you usually play. This will probably be whatever deck is set your default. Along with this deck I want you to tell me how you built the deck and how it affects your play with it. Whether it harms you or does well for you is something you should decide to say. If you are nervous of other people seeing what you have to say giving me a message is always an option. The common ways of making a deck are:

General Homework 2 229px-Kagurazaka

Net Decking - A lot of people tend to look down on the art of net decking. The people who net deck generally look online of deck lists of the top 1 to 10 people in a big regional or national and copy it card for card.

General Homework 2 71

Cookie Cutter - Many decks are made this way. They take a look at what common cards are useful in a certain type of deck, then the player will make a deck of their own using their own style and build of the deck.

General Homework 2 640px-Yusei_Fudo

Synergetic Building - I do not know the official term for this. People get what they have and see how they can make the best of it. In real life players are limited to their own cards. On Dueling Network or Devpro a common way of doing this is looking up common types, attributes, or archtypes and putting them in the description for cards and looking for the best ones possible for the deck.

No persons nor individual can take anything from this page.

Last edited by Lever10 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rainbowdragonacademy.forumotion.com
xXDarkYamiXx
xXDarkYamiXx

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:39 am

My deck i made on my own out of magicians o: it helps me cause i could summon 2 dark magicians in one turn and also have a dark magician girl Very Happy if im not sure to attack cause of face down spells/traps i wait till i get dark magic attack destroys all spells/traps my opponent controls.i won 47 duels with that deck so far i think. meow bye :3
Back to top Go down
ZeroKiraCC

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Well I guess you could call mine a Cookie Cutter deck, I watched a friend play Frognarchs for a year and i said after seeing Advance Zone that i wanted to make a old school tribute deck that uses a few monarch, Obelisk, and maybe Slifer. Unlike the Frognarch build i use what every i could to special like The Tricky(I also found an old school card to team with it Trick Spell 4, way under used). The main point of the deck is to summon fast and destroy your field. I keep rebuilding it sicne it cant keep up with other narch decks. But i love the deck and when i can get it running right nothing stops it.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
ermagurd girl!<3
ermagurd girl!<3

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:30 pm

i think mine would be a cookie cutter cuz my gladiators are aided my elemental hero prisma and cyber dragons for better offense and faster fusions Razz 
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:00 pm

All of these are good, however I would like to ask that you include how you think it may affect your ability to play the deck. For now I gave 50 to all of you. Also Yami can you explain which one of the three it is (or something different) and say why.
Back to top Go down
ZeroKiraCC

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 am

Well with mine, i think since i cant hit the right way to play it, my ability to play the deck is rather poor most of the time but, if it works right i turn in to a uber pro
Back to top Go down
ermagurd girl!<3
ermagurd girl!<3

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:22 am

well thanks to my cyber dragons i barely worry about defense but my prisma helps with my ability to summon fusion after fusion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:46 am

I was more so looking for do you not understand all the potential of the deck, lack the ability to improve it quickly, or not really have just the right balance to make it near best it can be? How did the way you made it (cookie cutter, synergetic building, or net deck) affect how well you play the deck compared to its full potential? Sorry if what I asked didn't make sense earlier.
Back to top Go down
ZeroKiraCC

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 am

Ok let’s start this over then see if I can get it.

Deck:
Tribute
Type:
cookie cutter
Ability:
I really haven’t gotten the right balance yet, I am a bit stubborn with this deck there are better cards to run in this deck , but I don’t want to run the norm, so in this aspect, since I am stubborn this leads me to not being able to run this deck to its full potential.
Back to top Go down
Asuya Youkai
Asuya Youkai

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 pm

I guess you could say my Gem-Knights are a synergetic deck. I decided to take a look at some monster types on DN and found them, so I decided since they looked interesting and utilized fusions like Elemental HEROs do, I might as well try them out. I pieced together every little combination available for them, from fusion materials to getting out Crystal in one turn. They may not be my strongest deck, but they're certainly my favorite because of how little I see them played and their underrated teamwork ability.
Back to top Go down
Shinuka
Shinuka

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Deck: Chain Burn
Type:spell/trap
Ability: its a fun chain deck I made for homework from this site I like how I can chain stuff to heavy storm and mst i'm new to the deck I tend to mess up with chain strike and that my weakness with it but I like how I can draw and get my swift or battle when I need it
Back to top Go down
wallab33
wallab33

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 pm

My deck of choice is my hunder build. When I was starting out, one of the first decks I began building by myself was batteryman, and after a while it fell by the wayside for me until xyz became big. New life was breathed into the deck as I realized my ability to spam level 3's and 4's would come in handy. However, once the hunder family and rank-up magic was introduced, everything changed for the deck. I gave up the ability to spam 3's, added the hunder family and the new greatest thunder support ever released thunder sea horse, and began experimenting. While the batteryman take a backseat to the hunders as the work horse of the deck now, batteryman still bring up the reinforcements with industrial strength and micro cell, two techs I haven't seen in other hunder builds yet. Micro allows me to get aaa's on the field and in the grave to allow for bigger plays, as well allows me to plus one after its flip. The thing that makes this deck my favorite and most effective is its ability to maintain hand dominance. With sea horse, sishunder, batteryman micro cell, recycling batteries, and starliege all on my side, my hand is constantly expanding, while my opponent has to continue to dump resources to get my cards off the field. With 3 lances, 2 industrial, and 3 mystical space typhoon, I try to take backrow away from my opponent as an option, forcing them to chew through they're monster resources faster until they've depleted themselves of outs for my onslaughts. The thing that was lacking always from the deck though was immediate power, which rank-up magic now provides in abundance. Being able to instantly power up into amazing beaters like utopia ray v and utopia ray victory allow me to swing for game before my opponent realizes whats happening, I've even surprised myself at what ranges and what resources I can otk with. Couple this with industrial and honest to bring extra punch and there's not much that can make a stand mid to late game. Finally, my personal favorite rank-up boss monster, the diabolical umbral horror masquerade, whom without the help of my batteryman buddies I would not be able to summon half as often or as easily. This deck exudes versatility to handle almost every situation, lastablity through its constant hand power, and power through its rank up tool box and batteryman back up. This deck hits like a truck and lasts like one, and I love it

CS awarded
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Homework 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Homework 2   General Homework 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Homework 2
Page 1 of 1