Rainbow Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Rainbow Dragon Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
The Real Lever10
September 2013 Ban List I_vote_lcapSeptember 2013 Ban List I_voting_barSeptember 2013 Ban List I_vote_rcap 
Ab9999
September 2013 Ban List I_vote_lcapSeptember 2013 Ban List I_voting_barSeptember 2013 Ban List I_vote_rcap 
Asuya Youkai
Kagatsuchi
SiegWar
Tvbeast
Mr.Alexio
Muh1
Aichi Sendou
(Aurora) Swampert
Latest topics
» I Have Returned!!
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby SoulSilver Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

» Yo its Swampert
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby The Real Lever10 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

» My final goodbye
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby (Aurora) DarkFlair1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

» Hello.....
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

» Ramsiel's GFX Shop
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 am

» so what's the next CoTW gonna be XDXDXDXD lool
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» got bored ;-;
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» Its been a while...
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby Oliver1212 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:34 pm

» day 187 ;-;
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby GAJEEL Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm

» I'm Back!!!
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am

» merging request
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby bayar16 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

» i guess im leaving to :(
September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeby Bayar14 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Affiliations
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

September 2013 Ban List

Go down 
+2
Mr.Alexio
The Real Lever10
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

September 2013 Ban List Empty
PostSubject: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Here is the list everyone is talking about and making reviews on, so we can presume it is the correct one.
http://ygorganization.com/fly-get-kitaa-v-jump/

Forbidden:

Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts
Spellbook of Judgement

The four baby dragons are banned... THANK GOD! In the US Internationals 27 of the top 28 decks were Dragon Rulers. The second place was Prophecy which somehow got past all those dragon ruler decks. Dragon Rulers are the most ridiculous deck we have had in a while and it is a good thing they got screwed over without removing the mother dragons. Dragon rulers can still be played, just not played to the way they used to. The other option was to put all the baby dragons at one, however I guess konami thought that was not harsh enough.

Spellbook of judgment was a ridiculously good card. It needed to go and I am glad it did. Now Prophecy can go back to being a fun deck that is not ridiculously overpowered. I think the big light and dark prophecy monsters probably will come back due to this change.

Limited:
Genex Ally Birdman
Wind-Up Shark
Number 11: Big Eye
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Mermail Abyssteus
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster
Super Rejuvination
Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Abyss-sphere

There are a couple of stupid plays and OTK's based off of my birdman. Konami is hitting OTK's this format it would appear. I hear that it also makes sense due to a later card that was unbanned and put at limited.

Wind-Up Shark at first looks like konami just hates wind-ups and shouldn't be a deck. I will discuss this later as to why this is false.

Number 11: Big Eye was a nice choice. Due to the extreme easy ways to bring out level 7s in this format, it only makes sense to take big eye down to one. I am surprised Dracosack wasn't touched however.

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice barrier. I am glad konami is bringing a bit more variety. Part of the reason Birdman got limited was probably this guy getting limited.

Mermails are often underestimated. Especially with the release of tidal those mermails needed to be put down a bit. This and a later card definitely helped.

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Rooster... wait... is that guy even out yet? On DN yes... but not really TCG. Rooster is a dumb card and I am glad it is going limited. Honestly I dont like fire fist at all and would have preferred them not adding the card.

Super Rejuvenation is a bit overkill. Yes if they limited the baby dragons, no if they banned it. There really isn't a whole heck of a lot of point to this with the baby dragons being banned.

Divine Wind of Mist Valley is as I already said, a source of a couple of dumb loops and an OTK. Konami is shunning OTK's I guess.

Abyssphere is good. It was a dumb card. Instant level 7 without even trying.

Semi-Limited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Fire Formation – Tenki
Black Whirlwind

Chaos sorcerer I am so thankful for! Not only did it make absolutely no sense that it was put to the same level as BLS, but also it honestly is not the greatest card in the game. It does support chaos dragons and other chaos decks which I appreciate. Chaos sorc can still pull the annoying combo of banish, sync for arcanite and pop 2, however I do like how Chaos Dragons are getting a bit of a push.

Gladiator Beast Beastiari doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense why it is on this list at all. So many common spell/trap effects are chain able anyway.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole shouldn't affect much other than a few lockdown decks. Grand Mole is still a very annoying card due to it being an optional effect. Pops those xyz and synchros like no tomorrow. It MIGHT become a staple again, but I doubt it.

Gorz the Emissary of Darkness. Like I said, Konami is really hating on OTK's this format. Gorz is always a good card to stop those annoying OTK's. Again, this supports Chaos Dragons which makes me smile.

Fire Formation - Tenki was an annoying card in my mind. It was easy to use it to pull anything, then just tribute it just to get another one again. I wish tenki was a 1, but maybe next format.

Black Whirlwind. I have a friend that must be going ecstatic over this. They are helping black wings now!

Unlimited:
Wind-Up Magician
Tsukuyomi
E – Emergency Call
Advanced Ritual Art
Pot of Duality
Scapegoat
Reasoning
Mirror Force

Wind-Up Magician is why Shark was limited. Wind-ups became DEAD after magician was limited. Now they are bringing it back and taking out shark. At least now there wont be the craziness of shark, yet we will still have Wind-ups.

Tsukuyomi I never quite understood why it was semi-limited in the first place. Sure it could take out some monsters a bit easier, but it really is more of an anti meta card. It is good to help pop dracosack and things like that.

E - Emergency Call is now at 3! I know many who are going nuts over this. They are helping E-heroes more!

Advanced Ritual Art is now at 3 as well. When was the last time you saw competitive ritual decks? Gishki's are pretty good, but it doesn't really work using advanced ritual art. Heralds were somewhat competitive i guess. I like how this may add a bit more variety.

Pot of Duality was never an issue. It stopped special summoning for a turn. Any decks it helped were not meta because the meta needs their special summons.

Scapegoat was not a card I was expecting. Not that it really helps any decks except maybe some intense synchro decks like junk synchron. I MAY put this up to 2 in my junk synchron deck, but I honestly do not think that this will change much.

Reasoning has never been an annoying card. It is just a bit too inconsistent to be a competitive card.

Mirror force surprised me bringing up to three. Heck, it surprised me being up to 2! Ever since I can remember it was at 1. It was even banned for 2 formats. I am interested to see how this will be with mirror force at 3.

Konami got this right. There are some questionable aspects to this list, however they are taking out the overpowered decks without causing them to get screwed over. They also are helping past decks a bit more. By the new cards coming in it is hard to tell what will become extremely overpowered. I am excited to see the variety come next format.
Back to top Go down
https://rainbowdragonacademy.forumotion.com
Mr.Alexio
Mr.Alexio

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:53 pm

birdman makes me cry as i've said to you :/ never noticed divine wind was also being hit that pretty much makes my powerhouse beastcraft useless as screw emergency call cuz ya know hero's didn't have enough crap going for them right? i'll stop hating on hero's so much if something happens with absolute and super poly, two most bs cards i've ever seen and as for mirror force it was semi when i started dueling but dang 3..i understand alot of stuff these days is saying F U to the destruction thing but personally i think 3 is a bit much o.O

just my input on it ^.^
Back to top Go down
ermagurd girl!<3
ermagurd girl!<3

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:01 am

i love the banlist xD especially wat did they did to my bestiari Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr.Alexio
Mr.Alexio

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:26 am

so i've heard xD
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:30 am

Beastiari wont do much though I don't think.. at least as far as his ability goes. Almost every set card can now just be chained to his summon. Whether it be a bottomless, compulsory, MST...

As for your hate on Heroes... Stop being butt hurt XD And yes 3 mirror force is a bit much I think. Quite honestly 2 is a bit much, but that is coming from the biased opinion from somebody who remembers playing this game since before GX (granted I took a break so I may be a little off on my mirror force info).
Back to top Go down
ermagurd girl!<3
ermagurd girl!<3

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:58 am

i think u used a mirror force on urself and caused ur "break" lev, XD jk ily Razz
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:06 am

Naw. My break was caused from synchros. I didnt like the idea at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 am

None of these changes affect me. YAY!
Back to top Go down
Tualatin
Tualatin

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 am

Highdr0g3n wrote:
None of these changes affect me. YAY!
Same with me but im sad because Birdman. Also im so happy about Bestiari and Gorz Very Happy

Beware of rockstun D:
Back to top Go down
ermagurd girl!<3
ermagurd girl!<3

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 pm

it seems alot of ppl r affected by the birdman thing lol
Back to top Go down
Asuya Youkai
Asuya Youkai

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm happy that Birdman's limited. He was the cause of a LOT of spam combos with Mist Valley decks and even some OTKs. I hated him so much....
Back to top Go down
Mr.Alexio
Mr.Alexio

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:50 pm

i have to completely redo one of my best decks due to birdman AND divine wind being hit it's some bs it was bad enough with birdman but i coulda managed changes ya it woulda lost speed but now... :..(
Back to top Go down
Cone-Idiot
Cone-Idiot

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Happy about Trishula and Bistarii Very Happy and glad that Tempest is not hit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Ban List   September 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 2013 Ban List
Page 1 of 1