Rainbow Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Rainbow Dragon Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
The Real Lever10
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_vote_lcapAlrght guys, Card ruling! I_voting_barAlrght guys, Card ruling! I_vote_rcap 
Ab9999
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_vote_lcapAlrght guys, Card ruling! I_voting_barAlrght guys, Card ruling! I_vote_rcap 
Asuya Youkai
Kagatsuchi
SiegWar
Tvbeast
Mr.Alexio
Muh1
Aichi Sendou
(Aurora) Swampert
Latest topics
» I Have Returned!!
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby SoulSilver Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

» Yo its Swampert
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby The Real Lever10 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

» My final goodbye
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby (Aurora) DarkFlair1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

» Hello.....
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

» Ramsiel's GFX Shop
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 am

» so what's the next CoTW gonna be XDXDXDXD lool
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» got bored ;-;
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» Its been a while...
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby Oliver1212 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:34 pm

» day 187 ;-;
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby GAJEEL Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm

» I'm Back!!!
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am

» merging request
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby bayar16 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

» i guess im leaving to :(
Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeby Bayar14 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Affiliations
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

Alrght guys, Card ruling!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archangel
Archangel

Alrght guys, Card ruling! Empty
PostSubject: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Okay, I was at Michigan reg. yesterday...
And i got this ruling, Tell me what you think.
Effects of monsters will be below. Effect being used will be Bolded

Field.
His.
Mermail AbyssMegalo x2
Mermail AbyssTrite x1 (No Attachments)
Atlantean Heavy Infantry x1

Mine.
Photon Stike Bounzer x1 (Both Attachments)

Play by Play
He said, "Effect of Megalo"
I said, "Bounzer, Negated"
He still pays cost (Target was "Atlantean Heavy Infantry")
He said, "Heavy's effect still goes through" (Targets Bounzer)
I said, "Effect was negated, So no effect of Heavy"
Judge is called.
Judge shows up.
We explained what happened.
Judge said, "Cost was payed and Heavy was sent to grave, SO effect is gained"
I said, On the card it says "When this card is sent to the graveyard to ACTIVATE a water monster's effect, Target one face-up card you're opp. controls and destroy it."
Judge said "it was sent"
I said, the effect was never "Activated due to, I negated it"
Jugde left.
I lost the match due to this ruling....

Card Effects

AbyssMegalo
You can discard 2 other WATER monsters to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. When you do: You can add 1 "Abyss-" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can Tribute 1 other face-up Attack Position WATER monster; this card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase that turn.

Heavy Infantry
During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

Strike Bounzer
2 Level 6 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster effect is activated on your opponent's side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that effect, and if you do, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://rainbowdragonacademy.forumotion.com
Asuya Youkai
Asuya Youkai

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Because Heavy's effect says "sent TO activate," it basically means if he's sent as the cost to activate it. Since Megalo sends him to the grave as that particular cost, Megalo's effect doesn't activate, but Heavy's still does.
Back to top Go down
Archangel
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Gayest thing ever...
Back to top Go down
Asuya Youkai
Asuya Youkai

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:42 pm

It's Mermanteans. Were you expecting something else?
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Technically if an effect is still activated it counts as being activated. It is really weird. That way if a dragon ruler effect is negated they cant go back and use another of that same dragon ruler. Its also like if I try to xyz and it is negated, then I can not use an effect like pot of duality or Thunder Sea Horse
Back to top Go down
Archangel
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:38 am

Its so stupid...
Back to top Go down
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Welcome to mermanteans.
Back to top Go down
MajinKev84
MajinKev84

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:27 pm

its pretty basic mechanics regardless of what deck it is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alrght guys, Card ruling!   Alrght guys, Card ruling! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alrght guys, Card ruling!
Page 1 of 1