Rainbow Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Rainbow Dragon Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
The Real Lever10
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_vote_lcapGeneral Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_voting_barGeneral Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_vote_rcap 
Ab9999
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_vote_lcapGeneral Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_voting_barGeneral Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_vote_rcap 
Asuya Youkai
Kagatsuchi
SiegWar
Tvbeast
Mr.Alexio
Muh1
Aichi Sendou
(Aurora) Swampert
Latest topics
» I Have Returned!!
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby SoulSilver Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

» Yo its Swampert
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby The Real Lever10 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

» My final goodbye
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby (Aurora) DarkFlair1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

» Hello.....
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

» Ramsiel's GFX Shop
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 am

» so what's the next CoTW gonna be XDXDXDXD lool
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» got bored ;-;
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 am

» Its been a while...
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby Oliver1212 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:34 pm

» day 187 ;-;
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby GAJEEL Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm

» I'm Back!!!
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby ZerotheSSj. Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am

» merging request
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby bayar16 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

» i guess im leaving to :(
General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeby Bayar14 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Affiliations
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Real Lever10
Admin
Admin
The Real Lever10

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta Empty
PostSubject: General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta   General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Another reminder - this is general. This is for everybody, not not just for those of one dorm. I will post the pictures of these cards when I get a few moments (probably the day after this post)

I am sure many of us know of lightsworn. They are light monsters that make themselves mill their own deck. This appears like hindrance as it can cause deck outs, but the chance of it is so slight even with 40 cards because they kill so quickly and the milling actually helps them. I for one have never seen any lightsworn deck run out of cards. The more cards that get milled usually puts them at a greater advantage.

Control Cards:

One thing about lightsworn is that they have a lot different cards that do different things that you should be aware of. There are a few cards to have some concern for.

Ehren, Lightsworn Monk: This card shuffles a defense monster back into the deck. This stops many effects. On top of that monk mills 3 during endphase, unlike other monsters that mill 2.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-EhrenLightswornMonk-DT07-EN-DNPR-DT

Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress: This card switches to defense and destroys a spell/trap on the field. It has a low defense and can't switch back into attack for a couple rounds, but the back row removal plus 3 milled cards during end phases is harsh.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-LylaLightswornSorceress-SDDC-EN-C-1E

Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter: When flipped this card destroys any card on the field and mills 3.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-RykoLightswornHunter-BP01-EN-C-1E

Other Expected Cards to See:

Jain, Lightsworn Paladin: When this card attacks a monster, it goes from 1800 to 2100 attack and mills 2 during end phases. This is less common to see but a 2100 beat stick is underrated.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-JainLightswornPaladin-RYMP-EN-UR-UE

Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner: This card can discard to special summon a lightsworn from the grave and mills 3 during end phases. This leads to xyz opportunities, attacking for good damage, and milling a lot.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-LuminaLightswornSummoner-RYMP-EN-UR-1E

Raiden, Lightsworn Assailant: This guy is new and I do believe (correct me if I am wrong) is not out yet in real life packs, but it will be soon. This monster can mill 2 every turn on top of milling 2 during the end phase. It can gain attack if lightsworn monsters were milled. The biggest issue with this guy is he is the preferred of one of two new lightsworn tuners, giving access to a more synchro potential including a new boss monster that i will discuss later.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-RaidenLightswornAssailant-DS14-L-JP-UR

Wulf, Lightsworn Beast: If this monster is sent from the deck to the graveyard, it is special summoned. Other than that it does nothing. It is a 2100 beat stick and it is really easy to get milled into the grave with lightsworns.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-WulfLightswornBeast-RYMP-EN-UR-1E

Plaguespreader Zombie: This monster is often milled which gives more synchro potential.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-PlaguespreaderZombie-BP02-EN-C-1E

Honest: There are so many light monsters in this deck it is most likely in the deck.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-Honest-SDBE-EN-C-1E

Beckoning Light: This trap card can easily pull Honest, Black Luster Soldier, Judgment Dragon, Sephylon, etc. back into the hand.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-BeckoningLight-LCYW-EN-UR-1E

Boss Monsters:

Michael, Lightsworn Ark: Sitting at 2600 attack and the ability to banish whatever it feels like once per turn is a hardship to tackle. The player can make a recovery if it is destroyed because he can shuffle lightsworn monsters from the grave into the deck (including himself!) and gain lifepoints per lightsworn monster (300 each).

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-MichaelLightswornArk-DS14-L-JP-EScR

Judgement Dragon: This card sits at 3000 attack and has a really good ability. By paying a small cost of 1000 life points, judgment dragon destroys every card on the whole field except himself. The only way to get this monster out is by special summoning it from the hand if 4 or more lightsworn monsters of different names are in the graveyard. This is very easy to achieve considering the variety and the intense milling and discarding that occurs in this deck.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-JudgmentDragon-BATT-EN-SFR-UE

Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord: a 4000 beat stick that can be special summoned from the hand if there are 10 or more monsters in the graveyard. For lightsworns that is no sweat at all.

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta 300px-SephylontheUltimateTimelord-GLD5-EN-GUR-LE

This is by no means the end of the boss monster list, as there are still chaos cards, lightray cards, etc. but these are some of the most common beat sticks to handle that are more likely to be seen per duel.

You can earn up to 40 CS by giving card examples that can be sided against this deck as well as the explanation as to why they would work. You get 20 CS for each example given.

Last edited by Lever10 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rainbowdragonacademy.forumotion.com
Asuya Youkai
Asuya Youkai

PostSubject: Re: General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta   General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Some very good cards to side in include those that can stop the OTK ability of Judgment Dragon, and even turn it against him, or prevent him from being summoned at all. Even though there are several other Boss monsters of the deck, you're most likely to see a spam of two or more Judgment Dragons on the field plus some Lightrays for a swift and annoying OTK. Here are some cards that can STOP this:

-Gorz, The Emissary of Darkness: Pretty common sense card. If Judgment attacks, not only can this card hinder the assault of the lesser-attack monsters the opponent has (Every boss monster aside from Sephylon has lower Attack than Judgment), but you get a token with 3000 Atk, and if the opponent chooses to pay 1000 to wipe it out, they risk destroying their own monsters.

-Book of Moon/Eclipse: Although it doesn't seem like much, these cards can stop a full-on assault by flipping all of their monsters face-down. Even though they get some draws out of it, it can buy you another turn to turn things around.

-Light-Imprisoning Mirror: Oh yes, the card that can royally screw over Lightsworns. With this on the field, all Lightsworn monsters lose their milling ability, making their swarming tactics with Judgment near impossible. If they get the new Synchro out, he can't banish it, as his effect cannot be activated either.

-Skill/Mind Drain: These prevent their milling abilities and the Boss monsters' summoning abilities in a heartbeat, respectively.

-Summon Limit: Although it doesn't seem like a strong card at first, if the opponent plans to summon a massive swarm of Judgment and Lightrays, this card can hinder that play into a small attack. It isn't the best choice but can come in handy at times.

-Vanity's Emptiness/Fiend/Ruler: These cards are the EPITOME of lockdown in decks like Lightsworns. Emptiness and Fiend can be used to hinder the opponent's SS abilities (As well as your own), but if you stall for enough time you can get out Vanity's Ruler, which only prevents THEM from Special Summoning as well as having a 2500 Atk beatstick, which easily topples their monsters.

-Breakthrough Skill: This can negate any Lightsworn's effect one turn, and then Judgment's in another with just one card.
Back to top Go down
wallab33
wallab33

PostSubject: Re: General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta   General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Soul release can be helpful in getting lighsworns and necro gardnas out of the grave, conversely imperial iron wall to halt necro gardnas and the summon of bls and chaos cards, depending on what the lightsworn player seems to be going for more. Rivalry of the warrior if timed right can be a thorn in lightsworns sides, but probably isn't the best option. Crimson blader is always a nice tech to handle decks who's biggest threats are high level monsters as well, stopping JD, Micheal, and bls for at least a turn

CS awarded
Back to top Go down
Nottu
Nottu

PostSubject: Re: General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta   General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 am

Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos are great against Lightsworns, as they cannot rely on their Graveyard setups for Judgment Dragon or the other main boss monsters.

Lava Golem. Useful for controlling their excessive swarm power while also whittling at their Life Points every turn. For this matter, Volcanic Queen can also be used.

Djinn, Releaser of Rituals + Ritual Monster. This Djinn shuts down Special Summons from the opponent as long as the Ritual Monster is face up on the field. Lightsworns tend to need their Special Summons and without them, they will have a hard time.

CS awarded
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta   General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Lesson 11 - Lightsworn Meta
Page 1 of 1